(To understand how a bill becomes a law: http://lrbhawaii.org/par/pub/bill2lawshort.pdf, also resources below with links to help with legislative process)
Public hearing this morning with testimonies supporting and opposing HPV mandatory vaccine. Several parents with children boldly testified to oppose mandatory vaccinations. The vote to pass the bill out of committee was deferred to next Thursday, Feb. 11th at 10:30 a.m. in Room 229.
ACTION: Contact the Committee members (CPH/EDU, WAM) and request that they DO NOT pass the bill out of committee. Notify others to do the same.
Public hearing: THURSDAY, Feb. 4th at 9:00 a.m., Room 229
ACTION: Submit your written testimony 24 hours prior to hearing, by Wed, Feb 3rd at 9:00 a.m Even if you miss it, submit “late testimony” and attend hearing. Notify others to do the same.
Public hearing: THURSDAY, FEB. 4TH at 9:00 a.m., Room 229
ACTION: Submit your written testimony 24 hours prior to hearing, by Wed, Feb 3rd at 9:00 a.m. Even if you miss it, submit “late testimony” and attend hearing. Notify others to do the same.
No public hearing yet. Communicate your concerns to House committee members of HLT, EDN, FIN.
Senate Committees: http://lrbhawaii.org/par/fyi/sencom15.pdf
List of Senators with contact information: http://capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=S
House Committees: http://lrbhawaii.org/par/fyi/hsecom16.pdf
List of House of Representatives with contact information: http://capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=H
HOW TO TESTIFY:
TO SUBMIT TESTIMONY ON PURPOSED BILLS 1. Go to http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/ If you already created an account, proceed to step 5. If not, proceed to step 2.
2. Click on “REGISTER” upper right of homepage
3. Fill in boxes with your Name, Email Address (twice) and create Password. Check box at bottom to agree to terms, then click on “CREATE USER” (just below policy).
4. Go to your EMAIL INBOX (or spam folder) from email@example.com and CLICK THE LINK to confirm your registration, or you may have to copy/paste the link. You should see message saying you have “successfully been confirmed.” You are ready to rock your voice!
5. You’ll see a box on the upper left BILL STATUS/MEASURE STATUS. This is where you will enter the bill you wish to comment on. Enter SB#### or HB#### then click “GO”
6. You can now view the bill, see what committee it is in, see amendments made, ect. The blue SUBMIT TESTIMONY button is to the right of the bill number, towards the top of the page. Click “SUBMIT TESTIMONY”
7. Fill out the form: Mark if you are individual or if you are speaking on behalf of an organization. Your name and email address should already be filled in. Please mark if you are OPPOSED or in SUPPORT of the BILL. If you don’t know, then simply mark Comments Only, then speak your mind. It’s always good to be factual and polite. Click “NEXT” when done.
8. The next screen is your SUMMARY. Look over to ensure you said what you meant, if not click “back” Otherwise, be sure the “I agree” box is checked, then click SUBMIT TESTIMONY. Next screen will confirm that you submitted testimony. Mahalo for making your voice count!!!
Thank you to Cheryl Toyofuku and Deb Mader Creagh for compiling this info
RESOURCES TO REVIEW
American College of Pediatricians Sound the Alarm About HPV Vaccine (article):
Former Merck Rep Says Mandatory Vaccination is For Profit and Not Public Health (testimonial video):
Stop Mandatory Vaccination (more stories on video):
WHO, CDC, GACVS Mislead HPV Vaccine Safety Alleges MD in Open Letter:
Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, Exposing the Truth About Vaccines, Gardasil Mandates Have Begun (article):
National Vaccine Information Center: The Stand Against Forced Vaccination Across the States & the NVIC Advocacy Portal (article):
Dr. Russell Blaylock Exposes Gardasil, HPV vaccine fraud (video):
Dr. Russell Blaylock Interview on Mandatory Vaccine Trial, Fraudulent Vaccine Science (video):
Is HPV Vaccine Safe? – CBS News Investigative Report (video):
Gardasil WARNING! – CNN Report (video):
Vaccine Cultural War Myths – Dr. Barbara Fisher (videos & articles):